Thank you for your interest in employment with New Beginnings Psych. Please complete the Pre Application Screening form and read the position description below. You will hear from us shortly regarding the next step if we would like to move your application forward. We look forward to receiving your application!
Therapist Position Description:
New Beginnings Psych is searching for several awesome trauma-informed therapists that are committed to best practice and positive outcomes for their clients. We are a growing organization in the Gaithersburg area seeking to hire full time therapists to conduct outpatient individual, couples, and family therapy for kids, teens, and adults. Treatment specialties may include: Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Brainspotting, Schema Therapy, Internal Family Systems (IFS), Imago Therapy, etc.
Candidates will complete a three step interview process consisting of submitting our pre application screening, providing a written sample of your clinical documentation, and completing a video or in person interview. The therapist will report to Owner and/or Clinical Director
Master’s degree in counseling or social work and an active, unrestricted license in the state of Maryland as a LCPC, LCSW-C, or LMFT.
- A willingness to offer the practice at least twenty-four hours of clinical availability per week in four hour blocks (in office) or fully flexible (telehealth) during following days/times: M-F 8am-10pm Sat/Sun 9am-6pm. At least half of clinical hours offered must be during the evenings (5pm and after) or weekends. *Optional attendance at clinical consultation meetings *Strong clinical skills *Clinicians will build up their caseload over the course of one to three months.
Compensation and Benefits:
*Therapists will be w-2 employees and compensated at a flat commission rate of 60% of all revenue collected for their services rendered.
Benefits for all clinicians:
*Free CEUs, Bi-weekly group consultation, Unlimited unpaid time off and Unlimited unpaid sick leave, Employee funded Roth IRA, Employee funded: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- At least five (5) years of post graduate experience
- Prior experience in an outpatient setting
- Advanced training in your identified specialty or niche
- Works well independently within the framework of the group
- Self Starter
- Good balance of people and detail oriented
Duties and Responsibilities:
- *Provide face to face and tele-health therapy sessions to clients of New Beginnings Psych as scheduled and within the scope of all company policies and expectations. *Reliable and timely attendance *Follow all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics established by the company, governing licensing boards, and all local, state, and national laws *Respond to all messages and within twenty-four hours M-F, *Collaborate with other professionals as needed (psychiatrist/nurse practitioner, school counselor, case manager, etc.) *Complete all clinical documentation (treatment plans, clinical notes, contact notes, etc.) within twenty-four hours of session or contact *Attend mandatory training *Collaborate with colleagues and supervisory staff *Conduct services in a courteous and professional manner so as to maintain and promote the positive reputation of New Beginnings Psych, and to build a sense of trust and good will in the community. Effective and professional communication with clinical colleagues and administration. Possess an overall “attitude of gratitude,” and the ability to approach conversations with compassionate curiosity. Other duties as assigned.
This Position is Not a Good Fit for Applications Who:
- Strongly prefer to work with a full treatment team on site and engage in daily collaboration with fellow colleagues and supervisors
- Are adverse to the implementation of technology
- Already know they want a private practice of their own within the next three-five years
- Prefer to work in a non clinical capacity such as public policy, community organizing, case management, etc.