New Beginnings Psych is searching for several awesome trauma-informed therapists that are committed to best practice and positive outcomes for their clients. We are a growing organization in the Gaithersburg area seeking to hire full and part time therapists to conduct outpatient individual and family therapy for children, adolescents, and adults. Treatment specialties may include: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Play Therapy, etc.
Candidates will complete a three step interview process consisting of an online video interview, written case study analysis, and case presentation.
Therapist will report to Owner and/or Clinical Director
Master’s degree in counseling or social work and an active, unrestricted license in the state of Maryland as a LMSW, LGPC, LGMFT, LCPC, LCSW-C, or LMFT.
- twenty-four to thirty-two hours of clinical availability in four hour blocks during following days/times: M-F 8am-4pm, M-F 5pm to 10pm Sat/Sun 9am-6pm.
- Monthly attendance at staff meetings
- Monthly attendance at clinical consultation meetings
- Strong clinical skills
Clinicians will build up to their desired caseload over the course of approximately one to three months depending on desired caseload size.
- Prior experience in an outpatient setting
- Advanced training in your identified specialty or niche
- Works well independently
- Self Starter
- Good balance of people and detail oriented
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide face to face and tele-health therapy sessions to clients of New Beginnings Psych as scheduled and within the scope of all company policies and expectations.
- Reliable and timely attendance
- Follow all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics established by the company, governing licensing boards, and all local, state, and national laws
- Respond to all messages and within twenty-four hours M-F
- Collaborate with other professionals as needed (psychiatrist/nurse practitioner, school counselor, case manager, etc.)
- Complete all clinical documentation (treatment plans, clinical notes, contact notes, etc.) within twenty-four hours of session or contact
- Attend mandatory training
- Collaborate with colleagues and supervisory staff
Conduct services in a courteous and professional manner so as to maintain and promote the positive reputation of New Beginnings Psych, and to build a sense of trust and good will in the community. Other duties as assigned.
This Position is Not a Good Fit for Applications Who:
- Strongly prefer to work with a full treatment team on site and engage in daily collaboration with fellow colleagues and supervisors
- Are adverse to the implementation of technology
- Already know they want a private practice of their own
- Prefer to work in a non clinical capacity such as public policy, community organizing, case management, etc.